Macau is a Special Administrative Region (SAR) of China, located on the southern coast of the country. It is a small, densely populated region known for its vibrant casino industry, unique blend of Portuguese and Chinese cultures, and historic landmarks.
Macau was a Portuguese colony for over 400 years, and its culture reflects this heritage, with a mix of European and Chinese influences. The city is also known for its world-class entertainment, including live performances, shows, and events.
Some of the top things to do in Macau include:
- Visit the Historic Center of Macau: This area of the city is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, with a mix of Portuguese and Chinese architecture and landmarks.
- Try your luck at the casinos: Macau is known as the "Las Vegas of Asia" and has a range of world-class casinos and resorts, including the Venetian Macao and the City of Dreams.
Explore the local cuisine: Macanese cuisine is a unique blend of Chinese and Portuguese flavors, with dishes such as Portuguese egg tarts and African chicken.
- Visit the Ruins of St. Paul's: This historic landmark is the remains of a 16th-century church that was destroyed by fire in the 19th century.
- Take a walk along the Cotai Strip: This area of the city is home to many of Macau's largest casinos and resorts, as well as luxury shopping and dining options.
- Enjoy the Macau Tower: This 338-meter tower offers stunning views of the city, as well as adrenaline-pumping activities such as bungee jumping and skywalking.